Cashew Butter Cups
(makes approximately 30 mini chocolate cups)
- 1 lb of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 T of coconut oil
- 1 recipe of cinnamon maple cashew butter
- Sea salt (optional)
- Pour chocolate chips and coconut oil into microwave safe bowl. Heat in microwave in 30 second increments, stirring after each 30 seconds until smooth.
- Line a mini-muffin tin with mini-cupcake liners.
- Pour approximately 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate mixture in the bottom of each cupcake liner.
- Next, spoon ¾-1 teaspoon of cashew butter into muffin tin on top of the chocolate.
- Top cashew butter with 1 teaspoon of chocolate.
- If wanted, lightly sprinkle each chocolate cups with sea salt. I highly suggest it!
- Place cups in freezer or refrigerator until firm.
Cinnamon Maple Cashew Butter
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 5 T real maple syrup
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t kosher salt
- 1 T coconut butter (optional)*
- Set oven to 325 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss cashews in maple syrup, then pour mixture onto baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 13-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to ensure nuts are not burning.
- Let cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Pour baked cashews into food processor and process until butter forms.
- Add cinnamon and salt and process to evenly disperse spices.
*Note: My food processor is small, therefore struggles to make nut butters. I had to add around 1 T of coconut oil in order for the cashew butter to form and it still was not a smooth one. I personally like a chunky nut butter, but if you have a nicer food processor or do not like the flavor of coconut, you can omit the coconut oil.
Have a great rest of the week, everyone!!