Instead of running through Philly for hours on end, I decided to finally work on a DIY I've been planning for the last few weeks. While my lovely friend Liz is the queen of DIY things, unless it involves baking or cooking, I am not patient or talented enough to do a DIY. I did, though, want to push myself to try to do something out of my comfort zone, so I created three picture frame jewelry holders this weekend.
I used the lovely Pinterest as inspiration and found some really cool jewelry organizers that helped me come up with my idea.
For my organizers, I decided to use picture frames and gold hooks. I went to my local K-Mart and purchased the following items:
- 3 8.5x11 picture frames
- 100 gold hooks (cheaper than buying a smaller amount)
- 3M Wall Stickies
Here is how I assembled them:
- Use small screwdriver to start holes for hooks.
- Manually screw in hooks to pre-made holes. I had very cheap frames, so this sometimes damaged the frame a bit, but the hooks still were in there securely.
- Apply wall stickies to back of frames, then secure to wall.
- For the earring and ring frame, I used white crinoline that I already owned and taped it to the back of the frame (didn't have a nail small enough, or I would have done that). I made sure to not have the crinoline go all the way down the frame so I could reach behind it to secure the backs to earrings.
Here is what it looked like while I was assembling them, as well as how they look up on my wall!
|The assembling of the hooks. Definitely got frustrated at times with this.|
|Finished product on my wall!|
Alright, back to normal posting about running and food next time. Hope everyone is having a great March so far!!!